I don’t know about you, but I am a fan of routine. As someone who is easily distracted and a bit of a chaos queen I need routine. I can’t accomplish anything without at least an outline to go by. Which is why I am starting a new series!
The Friday Five is where I will highlight five of my favorites from the past week. Right now you may be thinking, “favorite what, Hannah?” That’s the beauty of this. It could be anything. Let’s check out this week’s favorites!
- Soup. I’ve personally made both chicken soup and chili (chili is a soup, right?) in the past four days alone. I have been pinning soup recipes left and right. There is a slight chill in the air and I have been battling a preschool cold, so I am all about the soup this week. If you read through til the end I’ll share my favorite super simple chicken noodle soup recipe with you. ❤
- Local indie station WSGE. This radio station is out of Gaston College. I discovered it accidentally when I had to drive the bimmer so that William could wash my filthy mommy car. Y’all, the DJ’s are obviously on the same wavelength as me. Fantastic mix of genres, great songs, 10/10 recommend. If you are local it is 91.7 fm, if you are not local they are streaming online.
- ELF‘s $4.00 blush and bronzer duo in Saint Lucia. I was a little skeptical when I opened the box and actually looked at the palette. The colors did not seem to match the colors printed on the box. I was expecting for the blush especially to look more pink. However, I am really pleasantly surprised at the pretty peachy shade, which looks nice on my super pale complexion. There is also a decent amount of color payoff for such inexpensive makeup.
- My coworkers. I had to take Flora to work on Wednesday and my coworkers were really awesome and understanding about it. One even has a stockpile of kid stuff for her own children that she let us borrow. It wasn’t my most productive day but it was a good day nonetheless.
- #Replikate Instagram accounts. I really like the Duchess of Cambridge’s style. I find it classic and work appropriate without being boring. Maybe one week I’ll share five favorite Replikate accounts? I’ll have to get on that!
That’s all for this week! What were your favorite things this week?
As promised, my favorite simple Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
You will need:
- 1 small chicken, in pieces (bone in and skinless)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 16-oz. package egg noodles
- Salt & Pepper
What to do:
- Place chicken pieces and vegetables in a large stockpot on stove. Add garlic and oregano. Cover all with water. Put lid on pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for about an hour.
- Using kitchen tongs, pull out chicken pieces. Remove from bone when cool.
- Add chicken back to soup. Bring soup to a boil.
- Add 1/2 package of egg noodles to your soup. Turn heat down and simmer until noodles are soft.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with whole grain crackers. Enjoy!